River Wye Canoe & Kayak Hire
Canoe and kayak Hire on the river Wye
We hire Canadian canoes and kayaks on the river wye in monmouthshire south wales, explore the stunning Wye Valley from the river, one of the best ways to enjoy, relax and take in this breathtaking area of outstanding natural beauty. Suitable for all, Canoes or kayaks can be booked for a half day, full day or multiple days hire giving you the opportunity to travel a relaxed section of the wye passing through the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley AONB. The river follows the Welsh English Border for much of the lower Valley, steeped in ancient relics. We can help to arrange accommodation or camping for overnight trips. We provide transportation of you, your canoes and kayaks to your chosen start location and meet you at the end of your trip so you can canoe with the flow. For Route suggestions, campsite information and interactive planning map see the RIVER TRIPS section.
Useful river trip and canoe advice :
CALL US to check availability and advise. Conditions of river and weather will always dictate for river trips
Nov - March - (Online bookings not possible) For Bookings please ring in advance to ask advice especially for
a single 2-person canoe as conditions may not be suitable for you i.e. river levels will dictate viability of any trip
OFFICE HOURS: 9am - 5pm Tel: 01600 716083 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED ON OUR PREMISES/ON MINIBUSES OR IN CANOES - PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY
- Half Day River Trips
- Full day River Trips
- Two Day River Trips
- A beautiful trip with a gentle flow, this is our easiest trip and suitable for everyone, if you haven't been and are unsure of your ability call us to arrange a lesson, after a route briefing and safety brief you'll have a couple of hours paddle down to the meeting point where we will pick you up and bring you back. The beautiful little Boat Inn is half-way at Redbrook where you can stop for a refreshment.
- 5 miles
- Trip price includes transport
- A great trip, this is our most popular trip and suitable for people who can control a boat well, call us if you are unsure, more challenging than Monmouth to Whitebrook, after a route briefing and safety brief we drive to the start point at Huntsham Bridge, then help you launch, after around 45 minutes you're into Symonds Yat, you can stop for lunch at Ye Olde Ferrie Inne or at The Royal Lodge, then continue through the famous Symonds Yat Rapids to Monmouth.
- 7 miles
- Trip price includes transport
- The classic Wye Tour full day trip, this is the trip made famous by Wordsworth and Gilpin, where tourism was born in England and Wales. You pass outstanding scenery all day long, Coldwell rocks and the river after Symonds Yat rapids are the most outstanding, not to be missed, pubs are located in Symonds Yat for your lunch or you can take your own, run the rapids and float through the forest of Dean by the Biblins and Severn Sisters Rocks to Monmouth.
- If this is your first time and you are unsure of your ability we advise calling us to arrange a quick lesson and the Monmouth to Whitebrook half-day trip or book a guide. 14.5 miles
- The classic Wye 2 day trip, you canoe past excellent scenery, Symonds Yat Rock and rapids and finish in Monmouth. Camping recommended at Welsh Bicknor YHA or Symonds Yat. See our map in 'River Trips' for campsite details, advance bookings required.
- 20 miles
- Trip price includes transport. EXCEPT min charge of £15 for 2 persons. Extra amount charged on day.
- This is a full 2 day trip, it requires an early start or we can drop you off the night before to camp at Tresseck Farm. You canoe past excellent scenery, through Ross-on-Wye, Symonds Yat Rock and rapids and finish in Monmouth. Camping recommended at Ross-on-Wye or Welsh Bicknor YHA. See our map in 'River Trips' for campsite details, advance bookings required.
- 30 miles
- Trip price includes transport - EXCEPT: min. charge of £20 for 2people extra amount charged on day +
- There is a launching fee payable at Hoarwithy of £2/canoekayak.