Monmouth Canoe Terms & Conditions
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- VERY LARGE Groups have to go guided including Stag Groups. No inappropriate fancy dress. Please ring the Centre to advise on your particular group
- GROUP ORGANISERS please call to pay a deposit and reserve your places. Ensure group members read our “terms and conditions”
- ACTIVITY & TIPI bookings require a deposit balance payable on the day or before
- U 18’s MUST be with adult parents/guardians.
- ALCOHOL/ILLEGAL DRUGS are not allowed on our premises, transport or carried in hired boats.
- DRINKING ALCOHOL before or during activities is not allowed, trip or activity may be cancelled at our discretion.
- WE RESERVE the right to turn people away for any reason.
- NO FISHING ALLOWED FROM OUR CANOES or RIVERBANK without Rod Licence or permission of Riperian owner of Fishing Rights- please be courteous to fisherman and other users on the River
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER the river with your rubbish – Take all litter home if camping or separate rubbish from re-cyclable materials to be left at our Centre
- SINGLE KAYAKERS must have had training/experience to a minimum of BCU 1 star. This requirement is not necessary for canoe hirers
- ADULTS supervising U 18’s in single kayaks must be a minimum of BCU 2 star and the U18 must be a minimum BCU 1 star.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk on arrival and notify the Centre of any medical/injury issues that may affect them
- whilst participating in canoeing or any of the Centre’s activities.
- CANCELLATION with 7 days notice will receive a full refund of deposit. Less than 48 hours is non-refundable.
- SAFETY & ENJOYMENT GUIDELINES must be adhered to, if we cancel your activity for non-compliance NO REFUND is payable.
- THE RIVER WYE CAN RISE very quickly and unexpectedly especially overnight and your booking could be cancelled at a moment’s notice we will endeavor to let you know as soon as we know.
- ACTIVITIES CANCELLED by us due to dangerous weather/conditions out of our control can be re-scheduled or refunded.
- ACTIVITIES BOOKED WITH A COACH/GUIDE requires a deposit depending on the booking; IF CANCELLED WITHIN 7 DAYS NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
- TIPI BOOKINGS will be sent a separate Invoice and is payable before the date
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL a course where minimum numbers of participants are not met in which case an alternative date or full refund will be made available.
- DEBIT CARD transactions are FREE
- CREDIT CARD transactions are charged at £3 under £100 or 3% over £100
- CORPORATE CARD transactions are charged at £5 or 5% over £100