MONMOUTH CANOE WHAT TO BRING & WEAR
What to wear – Shorts and t-shirts are ok if weather good but you should bring a waterproof top and a fleece in any event.
Footwear – old trainers or wetsuit boots for your feet, (No flipflops or crocs) whatever you wear should have good tread as the banks are rough, muddy, rocky and slippery.
We will give you a buoyancy aid and a helmet. (Spraydecks are included for kayakers.)
Wetsuits are not included in the price – please enquire on availability for the date required.
Barrels are included
For River Activities
WHILST ON THE RIVER…
It’s best to bring these items in a plastic bag as rucksacks don’t fit into the barrels very easily.
- Sun protection, hats, shirts, sun-cream, water, sun-glasses and retainers
- Rain and wind protection, water and wind proof gear
- Cold protection, put in a spare jumper for emergencies, the one you have on may get wet
- Energy, take some snacks even if you plan on a pub lunch
- Any medication you may need, in halers/epi pens
- First aid, it doesn’t hurt to put a bandage and some plasters in your pocket
Leave a bag in your car or at the centre for after canoeing with a towel, dry clothes and dry shoes.
IF CAMPING OVERNIGHT
- Sleeping bag and matt
- Light change of clothes
- Warm jumper
- Cooking equipment
- Wash bag
- Rubbish bag
- Toilet tissue, trowel or small fold up spade.
- Water (enough to cook with)