Monmouth Canoe Terms & Conditions
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- VERY LARGE Groups have to go guided including Stag Groups. No inappropriate fancy dress. Please ring the Centre to advise on your particular group
- GROUP ORGANISERS please call to pay a deposit and reserve your places. Ensure group members read our “terms and conditions”
- ACTIVITY & TIPI bookings require a deposit balance payable on the day or before
- U 18’s MUST be with adult parents/guardians.
- ALCOHOL/ILLEGAL DRUGS are not allowed on our premises, transport or carried in hired boats.
- DRINKING ALCOHOL before or during activities is not allowed, trip or activity may be cancelled at our discretion.
- WE RESERVE the right to turn people away for any reason.
- NO FISHING ALLOWED FROM OUR CANOES or RIVERBANK without Rod Licence or permission of Riperian owner of Fishing Rights- please be courteous to fisherman and other users on the River
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER the river with your rubbish – Take all litter home if camping or separate rubbish from re-cyclable materials to be left at our Centre
- SINGLE KAYAKERS must have had training/experience to a minimum of BCU 1 star. This requirement is not necessary for canoe hirers
- ADULTS supervising U 18’s in single kayaks must be a minimum of BCU 2 star and the U18 must be a minimum BCU 1 star.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk on arrival and notify the Centre of any medical/injury issues that may affect them
- whilst participating in canoeing or any of the Centre’s activities.
- CANCELLATION With 7 days notice or more will incur an admin fee of 10% of your deposit 7 days or less notice, will incur loss of deposit. Full price is applicable for less numbers on the day. We are happy to rearrange your booking or activity where possible and subject to availability, but we request 7 days notice to change your activity.
- SAFETY & ENJOYMENT GUIDELINES must be adhered to, if we cancel your activity for non-compliance NO REFUND is payable.
- THE RIVER WYE CAN RISE very quickly and unexpectedly especially overnight and your booking could be cancelled at a moment’s notice we will endeavor to let you know as soon as we know.
- ACTIVITIES CANCELLED by us due to dangerous weather/conditions out of our control can be re-scheduled or refunded.
- ACTIVITIES BOOKED WITH A COACH/GUIDE requires a deposit depending on the booking; IF CANCELLED WITHIN 7 DAYS NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
- TIPI BOOKINGS will be sent a separate Invoice and is payable before the date
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL a course where minimum numbers of participants are not met in which case an alternative date or full refund will be made available.
- DEBIT CARD transactions are FREE
- CORPORATE CARD transactions are charged at £5 or 5% over £100