MONMOUTH CANOE COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 UPDATE – Effective from 6/07/2020
We want to reassure you that Monmouth Canoe Centre is mindful of the global effects of COVID-19 and our top priority is to keep our customers, team members and communities safe. We appreciate your understanding and bear with us as we navigate these uncertain times.
Complying with the Governments advice, we are opening on a restricted basis on the 6th July for bookings subject to Government restrictions and Centre preparations. As the Welsh travel restrictions have eased we will operate the usual trips with minibus journeys limited to either 2 small household groups or 1 large household/bubble.
Pre-booked Bookings are essential and need to be at least 24 hours in advance so that we have time to email what is required of you. We will not take any walk-ins on the day.
For trips that cover the Grade 2 rapids at Symonds Yat experience is required – no first-timers (Exception more than one canoe in your party canoes will be rafted together.)
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE
We take real care and pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at our Centre premises and in response to Coronavirus, we’ve taken some extra steps to make our cleaning and hygiene even more rigorous.
- Sanitising stations located where we check-in/out all equipment.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all the areas used by the public and staff.
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the facility.
- Staff to clean ALL paddles, buoyancy aids, barrels and boats in between every use.
- Staff to clean handrails and seatbelts in minibuses in between each use.
MEASURES PUT IN PLACE
We have changed the business model to adhere to the Governments social distancing advice and have implemented the following:
- Limited the size of bookings.
- Staggered arrival times.
- Staggered finish times.
- Social distancing markers and signs.
- Compulsory for the safety of our staff Customers using our minibuses for the transportation to or pickup must wear face masks and gloves.
We’re encouraging our staff and customers to do some simple things to minimise the likelihood of a spread. These include:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use approved hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid close contact with other people outside of your household.
- Anyone who is symptomatic or suspects they have been exposed to the virus does not take part and remains at home.