MONMOUTH CANOE WHAT TO BRING & WEAR
What to wear – Shorts and T-shirts are ok if the weather is good but you should bring a waterproof top and a fleece in any event.
Footwear – old trainers or wetsuit boots for your feet, (No flip-flops or crocs) whatever you wear should have good tread as the banks are rough, muddy, rocky, and slippery.
We will give you a buoyancy aid and a helmet. (Spraydecks are included for kayakers.)
Barrels are included
For River Activities
WHILST ON THE RIVER…
It’s best to bring these items in a plastic bag as rucksacks don’t fit into the barrels very easily.
- Sun protection, hats, shirts, sun-cream, water, sun-glasses and retainers
- Rain and wind protection, water and wind proof gear
- Cold protection, put in a spare jumper for emergencies, the one you have on may get wet
- Energy, take some snacks even if you plan on a pub lunch
- Any medication you may need, in halers/epi pens
- First aid, it doesn’t hurt to put a bandage and some plasters in your pocket
Leave a bag in your car or at the centre for after canoeing with a towel, dry clothes and dry shoes.
IF CAMPING OVERNIGHT
- Sleeping bag and matt
- Light change of clothes
- Warm jumper
- Cooking equipment
- Wash bag
- Rubbish bag
- Toilet tissue, trowel or small fold up spade.
- Water (enough to cook with)